Strike a Pose! /
Vintage Fair 2.0
“Vogue…strike a pose..”
No, I am
not going off on some Madonna 1990’s rift. Although, recreating some of her
looks from her various videos might be a fun project! I am talking about poses
for photography. For the intermediate photographer in Second Life, photo poses
can be at the same time the most rewarding endeavor, while sometimes being the
most frustrating experience. The photography pose is integral to setting the
scene and mood of a photo. Properly representing the human form, in an abstract
three-dimensional world is not easily accomplished, but it is the key to
expressing the emotion and convey the feeling of any art you are trying to
create.
So where to
start? I started improving my art, and still start most of the time, with poses
that have already been created by others in SL. It can save me a great deal of
time in composing a shot. Attention Magazine’s own Athena Mariposa is one of
the best photographers I know that can capture the mood of a scene, and she
expresses her passion with the help of her poses. She has always been an
inspiring photo muse for me, and lucky for all of us, she is making them
available to others in the Attention Market Place store. In this set today, I
am using the Harper Pose Set, pose number 1. There are several pose series
Athena has shared with us, and yes, I am really partial to the Heather series!
(winks)
As Athena
suggests in her Market Place ad for each pose, I have loaded them in the
Strawberry Singh pose stand (girl crush). It is easy to do and worth having
them grouped by type of pose. I have several copies of the stand and load them
up individually by male or female poses and on topics like pin-up, erotic, etc.
I can just grab the right pose stand for the assignment and get started. Like
most things, staying organized saves you time in the long run.
When you
first start working with premade poses you will learn they may not all fit your
shape or clothing you have on exactly the way you wish. So, I use Anypose in
live mode to “tweak” the position a bit. Getting the head and eyes facing the
right way, getting hands and arms out of clothing and other props is sometimes
needed. Besides Attention’s great poses, I use the poses built into my Lumipro,
those in my photo studio and many, many other individual poses I have purchased
over the years.
Vintage Fair 2.0
Yes, I
spent way too much money at Vintage Fair, but I just had to show you this cute
summer, retro-inspired dress, stockings, and heel outfit from Tiri (tanjatir)
who is a designer for Zephyr. She has been featured at several fashion events
recently, and I loved this outfit immediately. The dress has a color/pattern
hud that has several great summer looks. The stockings help give it a great
retro feel. The platform heels copy the look and pattern of the dress and look
so fabulous!
To complete
the look, I added a windblown looking hair from Magika called Honey Whisky. It
is short, up, and helps bring out the retro-inspired look. For makeup, I went
with a simple .euphoric. pink lipstick that I also picked up at the Vintage Fair. I darkened up my eyebrows a bit using Avada *Sinful Curves* Eyebrows in RefinedDark Brown applied heavily. The necklace is from one of my favorite jewelry
stores, CAE named Farfalla. I slid in my go-to gold hoops from Erratic, hopped
on the stand and was ready for my close-ups!
Love you All!
Heather ๐๐๐๐
Credits
Dress, heels and stocking
- Zepher "SL" Flowers dress for Maitreya
Hair – Magika – Honey Whiskey
Cleavage - ZHAO-II - Rocket boobs
Earrings - erratic / hoop earrings / gold (large L)
Eyes - IKON Triumph Eyes - midnight
Lipstick - .euphoric ~Anitta Winter Lipstick Series
Eyeshadow - Izzie's - Applier Whiskey Smokey Eyeshadows
Eyebrows - *Sinful Curves* Eyebrows in Refined Black
Head - Catwa Catya
Body - Maitreya
Skin - Session / Jewel
Shape - Own
Car - AXTEL'S AUTOS -Doge
SRT 8 Challenger - Special Edition
Photo
Shot in my studio using my own custom windlight
Workflow and some post processing in Lightroom to bring out
the retro look – custom preset
Post processing in Photoshop to do some minor tweaking on
items and final sizing
Check out Athena’s fabulous blog post on improving your
photos for some other great tips on photography.





Comments
Post a Comment