Dress Up - Athena Mariposa


I bought a new outfit from Blueberry, the Jolene jeans, and top. I love one of Blueberry’s “extra” colors, it’s a really gorgeous shade of blue. I got back to my studio (the place where I spend most of my time, even though I perfectly fine home down on the ground) and tried it on.

As soon as I saw the look, I knew I needed to photograph it. I grabbed one of my newer hairs, Rama Salon’s Samantha that was featured in a Cosmopolitan blog picture I took for my Flickr. I was loving the Boho vibe and snapped this picture.

A lot of photographers might have been done, but I wasn’t satisfied with my overall look. I swapped out the hair, redid the pose to a seated one and started again. The hair is a favorite of mine, Gin by Doe in red.

 I was liking this one much better and thought I might use it. I let my camera wander and got this close-up shot (I do love close-ups) that I thought I might save for a head-shot down the line.


I went back to Pic 2 and looked it over. It was nice, but I wasn’t entirely wowed by the result. Have I posted pictures that I wasn’t altogether satisfied with? Sure. But I thought another effort was worthwhile. So I changed the pose to have Athena over on her tummy in the hopes that her new Butterfly shoes from Pure Poison (a 50 Linden Friday steal from Friday afternoon.)

Then I tried one of my favorite photography hairs, Argrace’s Kohaku. I own the Fatpack, so I loaded it up, colored it in my favorite shade of ginger, and that’s when I saw the wow.


I knew right away I would post this on my Flickr. It had such emotion in it, I’m very proud to have created it. I had been in a blue mood and this suited it perfectly. While I was editing it, the song “Fifty Ways” by Paul Simon was playing on my radio. Gang always teases me for not listening to music from this century, after all!
While that pic is great (at least to me!), it really didn’t show off the outfit, except a tiny piece of the shoulder. So, I’ve included a different shot that includes the outfit’s details. Here you go!

The point of this post is that one of the more enjoyable aspects of SL is the chance to play dress-up. In my RL, I’m most comfortable in my jeans. It’s always fun to have a little of my own personality in my pictures. After all, I’m not rolling around the floor nude all the time in my real life. My dog would look at me funny!

Play with your outfits. You’ll get great pictures from them, trust me!

Credits:
Mesh Body:  Belleza Freya
Mesh Head:  Catwa Catya 3.2
Skin:  Amara Beauty Erin – Peach
Freckles (face): Queen oF Ink
Hair Pic 1:  Rama Salon Samantha (Red)
Hair Pic 2:  Doe’s Gin (Red)
Hair Pic 4 and Final:  Argrace Hokaru (Fatpack, used Ginger)

Outfit:  Blueberry’s Jolene Jeans in blue and Jolene Top (Extra)

Comments